Sunday, June 2

[[ poem from sophomore year ]]

The Funeral

Today the greatest guy has died
who since forever I had eyed
But now I send him to his grave
yet first to him, my Love I gave
For its reserved for my best friend
who's love once lived is now the end
I know he hurt me, I was there
I can't help it, Love aint fair

Today the greatest friend had died
who once was always by my side
Now I know he won't return
He's changed for good, that I'll learn
What has become of my best friend
whose hand was always there to lend
How did he die? What did I do?
to make him change to someone new?

Today the greatest Love has died
who couldn't Love me, though he tried
Been cold for months without a heart
slowly our souls were drifting apart
Once filled with warmth, in his eyes
covered by emptiness, the Love that's left dies
Still I held on for my Love was true
but the man I Loved was someone new

Today the greatest lie has died
which at first I had denied
He's long been dead, but I am blind
reality can't process in my mind
His words just get me off the track
make me believe my Love is back
Might try to fool me, now I'm wise
I can see right thru disguise

Today the greatest memory died
with him I'll bury tears I've cried
The back of this heart, he will go
the feelings inside will never show
There's nothing left he is gone
He's disappeared just like the dawn
He aint the man I'd fallen for
So I'll bid farewell forevermore
I've left the funeral, I thought I'd won
but no, in me, he still lives on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home