Friday, October 14

Duel

our guns are drawn
but neither
will shoot.
i just can't bear
to have this die
at my hands.

i'm ready
to take you out.
my aim
is pointed straight
at you.
but i can't seem
to pull
the fucking trigger.

hey cowboy,
do you have the balls
to end it
when it's over.
are you scared
to hurt me
or scared
it might hurt you.
because you know
i'll fire back
comebacks
of what you
did wrong.

but i'm a coward
shaking
in my own skin.
waiting for you
to ruin what we have
because maybe
part of me wants this
to live.

what's so wrong
in walking away
from this duel.
i might not want to
take you out
as much as you do me.
i'm not strong enough
to leave this
dead
but i'm scared
you'll kill me
if i stay.

sharpshooter,
i've dropped my weapon.
i'll take your gun
to my mouth.

so
shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home